Almond Crusted Baked Okra: Breeze Harper Original Recipe
1. Chop off tops of fresh okra. I think I may have used 1 lb but really don’t remember
2. Slice in half, long width
3. Lather in Olive Oil generously. Set aside.
4. In food processor, throw in cup of almonds, 1/2 tsp of organic garlic powder (optional) and sea salt (add what you like or don’t like in terms of sea salt. Not everyone is a salt fan).
5. Process for about 4 minutes.
6. Oven should be heated at 400 F degrees.
7. With a spoon, sprinkle each individual okra piece with the almond meal then lay the okra in a baking pan upright so the crust is not on the back.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes.
9. Then broil for about 1 or 2 minutes; keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
10. Enjoy. Comes out “non-slimy” .
11. If you don’t have almonds to mill in a processor, I’m sure other nuts would work just fine. I bet pecans could be pretty yummy.